Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Have a 10 Month Old

Yep, I have a 10 month old and I am fat and out of shape. He seriously wears me out. He is so close to walking. I need to get in shape so that I can keep up with him! If you have read my other blog you know I have arthrogryposis. It makes things very difficult, but I adapt. Pregnancy really did a number on my body, and along with all of the extra weight gain, my body is totally in a funk. I have to take this joint medicine every night so that I don't get too stiff. I can tell if I miss a pill. Oh how I miss the days when I had so much energy and didn't hurt every day.

I ended up getting diagnosed with Post Partum Depression. It gradually got worse and worse so I finally talked to my doctor about it. I was super embarrassed and didn't even want to tell my husband. I got to a very bad point, and I had no energy, felt terrible about myself, didn't have any desire to do anything, felt useless, and was just very very depressed. My doctor put me on an antidepressant and it has made a huge difference. I feel much better, and really have started feeling myself again. I would never have had the courage to blog about this before. I know it was the right decision to go to the doctor though, because my depression was getting bad.

I knew I needed to be better for my sweet boy. It was a great decision, and I feel motivated now. I want to be healthier for him. I want to be active with him and be able to keep up with him. I have around 70 lbs to lose. I have no idea how to do it yet, because I have tried so many things. I figure this blog will help me find the right way and hold me accountable. Here's a picture of my sweet boy:

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got up the courage to get some help with the PPD. I hope you feel better soon with the meds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you lisa! it took a lot for me to even talk about it in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So brave of you to talk about this. It is so hard to now how many women out there were not brave enough to speak their truth and get some meds to help them and their family when they suffer with this COMMON disease. Good for you Jessica. Little man will have a healthy happy mama as a role model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much denise! i can't believe i'm able to talk about it so freely now. it is like a huge burden has been lifted. i really do feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete