Sunday, June 17, 2012

Family Reunion Weekend

So this weekend was a blast. I went out of town to Rural Retreat, VA for a family reunion. It was little man's first stay in a hotel room. I will tell you that being in a hotel room with a 10 month old is a nightmare! Especially since my 10 month old likes to go go go and have lots of room to run around. This may have caused some stress induced eating habits, haha.

I will go ahead and say it. I ate terrible all weekend. I also drank. A LOT. I never get a chance to drink anymore so I did and we had a blast but man am I feeling it today. Exhausted is not even the right word. 6 plus hours in the car equals fast food stops, at least for us. I had McDonalds twice. Yep, and I feel icky. I had 2 and a half bottles of wine over the weekend. I had Pizza Hut pasta tonight because we were so tired and busy doing laundry and unpacking. I am afraid to step on the scale in the morning!

I will say I am very proud of myself for one good decision. At the reunion there were desserts that looked amazing! I did not partake, even after a little peer pressure. I am not sure why sometimes when you tell someone you are trying to be good why they would try to convince you to eat the dessert! I mean, it was like  this: "Mmmm this is the best banana pudding I have ever had. You sure you don't want a bite??? This cheesecake is amazing! Mmmmm sooo good!" Then they proceeded to hover their plate near me trying to tempt me. If the person that said this to me is reading this, I love you, but COME ON! I need encouragement, not that.

I realize I have missed a couple FIAT posts but that may happen here and there. I will try to update during the posts, like this one, when I do. I think I am going to get some much needed sleep now!!

2 comments:

  1. Cooking light banana pudding! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/banana-pudding-10000000222208
    It is healthy and you could even bypass the topping and it is TO DIE FOR warm or cold!! I get request from everyone to make this!! :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete