Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Update

I've been absent awhile. I'm not surprised, I'm terrible at keeping up a blog. Plus, I've been ashamed of myself. I feel like every time I write I have to give some new excuse as to why I have been unsuccessful. Excuse after excuse gets old. I get sick of hearing it come from my own mouth. 

I signed up for a 5k about 2 weeks ago. I'm super stoked. I wanted to start training when I signed up but I fell on my arm. I hurt it bad. It is not broken, however, my disability makes it a little tougher to maneuver with one arm. The doctors say try to be as immobile as possible. HAHA very funny. I have a wild toddler. This is not super easy. My husband has been extremely helpful with taking care of little man and doing things around the house. Once again though, exercise is halted. I feel like it has been one thing after another. 

I started thinking. Yes, it has sucked, but I think in the back of my head I have welcomed the excuses to get me out of exercise. I'm scared to start back. I'm lazy. I am afraid of the 5k and looking like a wimp when I'm sweating after 3.1 miles. People RUN 3.1 miles daily. It is nothing. It scares the crap out of me though. So many healthy people will be there. 

After talking to a friend last night, I decided, screw it. I can do this. I am stronger than my injury. I have joined a small group of women in a fitness/support group. I am amazed at the support I have been given. It really does help to have people cheering for you and truly rooting for you to succeed. I feel very blessed that they have asked me to join their group. 


1 comment: