Monday, July 9, 2012

Grocery Shopping Success!!

So for the first time in a while, I feel really good about everything I bought at the grocery store tonight. I am really getting excited about losing weight. I really want to focus on what I talked about in my last post. I want to eat to live, and not live to eat. I am going to focus on eating only what I need to. I need to learn how to stop eating when I'm full. I want to eat slower.

I did get my one indulgence, which is popcorn. My husband and I love to eat popcorn and watch our shows at night. Unfortunately, we each eat our own bag. Tonight, we did a good thing. We got the single serve bags. I am so proud of us. He is totally on board with getting healthy and in shape too, so that makes this much easier.

I love Publix. Their produce and fruit section is sooooo much better than Kroger. My husband is going to start juicing again, and so I will probably start that again too. I did it for awhile before I got pregnant, and then for some reason once I was pregnant I had a huge aversion to it. I think it stuck with me but I'm hoping not, because I know how good it is for you. We got a lot of great fruit and veggies.

So I have decided no dieting, just smart eating. Less input more output.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! This is such a kind and loving choice. Just be aware when you are eating. Fork down between bites and ask yourself if you are still hungry on a scale of 1-10 (1 starving, 5 satisfied, 10 after Thanksgiving dinner) and allow yourself to eat or stop eating and don't judge whatever your choice. Geneen has a book called Women Food and God (it is NOT a religious book AT ALL!) that helps with this a lot. Also one of her old books, Breaking Free From Compulsive Eating and Feeding The Hungry Heart are great books that help with being nicer to yourself and letting go of the whole white knuckle thing of dieting and a more healthful and gentle body centered approach to food and what your body needs (not anyone elses body...YOUR body) I could talk about this stuff for DAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled her last night. I am so buying that book next for my Kindle!! I love talking about it too, haha. It is so important to me right now. It really helps to have support like yours and be able to talk about it with someone.

    ReplyDelete